Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globes 2012

The Golden Globes were held Sunday night in LA, and there were some amazing gowns on the red carpet. In case I haven't mentioned it, this is my favourite time of year... awards season. There's a lot of great events, and so many gorgeous designer gowns to gawk at. Here's my list of my favourites from Sunday night, it's a rather lengthy one since there was just too many great looks to choose from!


Image: tmz.com
Sofia Vergara wore this beautiful custom Vara Wang strapless mermaid gown with Harry Winston jewels. This gown is just amazing, it fits her like a glove, and the colour is great on her. I like how she kept her hair and makeup simple, and let the dress made a statement on it's own. This dress is definitely at the top of my favourites list from Sunday night.


Image: tmz.com
Salma Hayek and her husband, Francois Pinault, were one of the best looking couples at the awards. Francois is the CEO of PPR, which is the company that owns Gucci. So of course, Salma is constantly seen wearing gorgeous gowns by the label, all custom made for her. What a lucky girl! This dress is great on her, I love the gold accents, and the beading that covers the skirt and train. Her hair is the perfect shade to compliment the colours in the gown. Her husband looks great in his tuxedo too!


Image: mirror.co.uk
Heidi Klum wore this great Calvin Klein gown to the Golden Globes this year, and pulled off the difficult look better than I think anyone else could have. I love the colour on her, the dress is so simple and has an easy-going feel to it. My two favourite parts from Heidi's look? 1. That beautiful tourquise statement necklace. It adds such a great pop of colour to the look. 2. That gorgeous open back. So risky, and so intriguing. Heidi shows girls half her age how to own the red carpet.


Image: tmz.com
Elle Macpherson wore a white mermaid gown by Zac Posen. I loved this dress as soon as I saw it, because it's pretty and princess like in a lot of ways, which I'm always a sucker for. But another reason I love it is because it's different, and quirky. It has tears and rips, it's pulled in some places and flat and fitted in others. I like how the tulle skirt seems to bust through the seems of the bodice. Lorraine Schwartz bangles added a fun and colourful finishing touch.


Image: tmz.com
Evan Rachel Wood wore this beautiful emerald trumpet gown by Gucci. The mesh halter dress included sequins, feathers, and scales. It's so intricate, and so delicate looking, I just love it on her. The look makes me think of a dark and mysterious fish turned peacock. This dress is very glamorous, and very Evan Rachel Wood.


Image: vickybonline.com
Stacy Keibler and her leading man, Mr. George Clooney, showed up looking gorgeous. Stacy wore this form fitting crimson Valentino gown, with flowing skirt, cowl neck, and bow detailing on the back. I love the bow, it takes a seriously sultry dress, and adds a bit of fun to it. I also like her choice to go for a loose low bun for hair. Oh, and George isn't looking too bad either!


Image: tmz.com
Modern Family's Sarah Hyland, looked so pretty in this nude vintage Dolce & Gabbana gown. I love the short flowing train and the colour of the gown on the young actress. My favourite part however, is the delicate black lace belt, it gives her a great shape, and breaks up the neutral tone of the dress.

That night, Sarah was the victim of Hollywoods latest wardrobe malfunction. She actress was waiting for her turn to be interviewed by E!, and felt a pop at the back of her dress, the zipper had broken (I guess that's the chance you take when wearing vintage!). She was quick enough, and caught it before disaster struck and her dress fell down. Luckily, there was a team standing near by to sew her back into the dress quickly and in time for an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment