Monday, February 13, 2012

Grammy Awards 2012

The 54th Annual Grammy Awards took place Sunday night in LA, and the red carpet did not disappoint. The Grammy's is always my favourite awards show to look forward to. It's an exciting event full of great performances, and amazing red carpet dresses. Here are some of the best looks from the night:

Image: nydailynews.com
Rihanna brought some serious sex appeal to the Grammy's red carpet in this black Giorgio Armani gown with plunging neckline. She finished off her look with a gorgeous gold Jimmy Choo clutch and Christian Louboutin shoes. I'm on the fence about her new blonde hair though, I think she should go back to her natural colour.

Image: nydailynews.com
Tayor Swift was one of my favourite looks from the night. She chose this gold beaded Zuhair Murad mermaid gown for the big night, and in my opinion, she looked absolutely beautiful. The dress reminds me of something antique, and very fragile, with so much detailing. Also, I love the open back, and the design of it, it's so unique looking. This dress is a work of art, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Image: instyle.com
Adele, one of the night's big winners, looked beautiful on the red carpet in this black sequin gown by Giorgio Armani. The dress looks great on her, and she looks so happy wearing it. Adele performed her hit song 'Rolling in the Deep' at the show, and totally killed it!

Image: popsugar.com
Carrie Underwood was another one of my favourites form Sunday night. She chose this amazing white beaded Rene Caovilla gown. I love the colour, the train, and the open back. I also like that she chose simple hair, and minimal accessories to finish off her look.

Image: nydailynews.com
I went back and forth with Kelly Rowland's beige Alberta Ferretti gown. In the end, I really like it. It's different, I love the colour, and the embroidery around the bodice is so beautiful. I think she looks great.

Image: instyle.com
I have no idea where Paris Hilton has been lately, or why she was at the Grammy's, but she did look amazing on the red carpet. She chose this Basil Soda gown for the evening, and in my opinion, it's the best I've seen her look. I love how this dress flows, and the tiny gold belt around her waist.


And now for some of the bad...

Image: thedailytruffle.com
Nicki Minaj looked like an absolute joke at the awards in this Atelier Versace monstrosity. I'm not sure what she's trying to do with this big red thing. Is it a cape? Is it a parachute? No one will ever know. What I do know: She needs to stop trying so hard. And showing up with a random man dressed as the pope? Really Nicki?

Image: instyle.com
There was some contriversy over Fergie's Jean Paul Gaultier gown, some loved it, and others hated it. I'm with the haters on his one, I don't think underwear should ever be seen at the Grammy Awards. Sorry Fergie.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed on sooooo many levels.
    1- Rihanna great
    2- Tayor lovely!


    Fergie and Nicki Minaj soooooo unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete