Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Top 5 Oscar Moments by Katherine Dow

My good friend and classmate, Katherine Dow, has put together a list of the top five moments from Sunday night's Academy Awards. Katherine has a fabulous blog called Kulture by Katherine, where she expresses her love of film and the arts. 


Top 5 Moments of the 74th Annual Academy Awards:

5) Bret Mackenzie winning Best Original Song for "Man or Muppet" (The Muppets)
Not only did I find it thrilling to see the Flight of the Concords star back on my television, seeing Jason Segal tear up during his acceptance speech brought a little heart into the mix.

4) Octavia Spencer's acceptance speech
Hey, I wasn't even rooting for her, yet her tearful, genuine words made me a believer.

3) Christopher Guest and company's "Wizard of Oz" focus group
Mostly because it reminded me that comedians are supposed to be funny.

2) Christopher Plummer wins Best Supporting Actor
Is it just me, or is this 80-something year old hot? Anyone else? No? Never mind.

1) Uggie takes the stage!
For those unfamiliar with Uggie and his brilliant work, he played George Valentin's canine companion in Best Picture winner "The Artist". Rumours of Uggie's illness made it seem like he wouldn't make the telecast. Thankfully for me and his millions of other irrational fans, he made it, and in a tuxedo no less.


Check out Katherine's post about the Academy Awards here

No comments:

Post a Comment